1.To establish Bioinformatics and Geomatics infrastructure facility in the institute.
2.To assess the information requirement and build up information resources.
3.Capacity building in the area of Bioinformatics and Geomatics.
4.To provide Remote Sensing and GIS support to the forestry related activities of the institute.
5.To establish linkages with allied institutes for sharing information resources and expertise.
1. To work as an inter-disciplinary center for Bioinformatics research development in the institute and University.
2. To develop the existing primary data base as per the international Biodiversity informatics guidelines.
3. To develop and maintain web-portal on Forestry Bioinformatics and F.R.I.
4. To provide assistance to FRI University in teaching and other related issues.
5. To cater to the needs of all IT related issues of the Institute and University.
6. To provide input on GIS aspects to all divisions of FRI.
7. To take up projects on GIS from various stake holders/funding agencies etc.